EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE GLOBAL DIRECTOR OF MINISTRY OUTREACH
Position Type: Part time – Average of 20 hours/week
Reports To: Global Director of Ministry Outreach (GDMO)
Works With: Executive Team; International Leadership Team; International Services Team
To support the Global Director of Ministry Outreach as she provides leadership to SIM by providing excellent research, administrative and organisational support.
SCHEDULING AND TRAVEL
GOAL: THE DIRECTOR’S DIARY, MEETINGS AND TRAVEL SCHEDULE ARE WELL MANAGED.
* Organise and oversee diary/calendar scheduling, arranging meetings and coordinating travel arrangements.
* Prepare and provide necessary documents for meetings and travels.
* Plan and coordinate meetings with other offices, Executive Team and ILT members, personnel and leaders of other mission agencies, etc.
* Debrief with the director after important meetings and travels.
GOAL: THE DIRECTOR COMMUNICATES EFFECTIVELY TO HER IMMEDIATE TEAM MEMBERS, THE SIM COMMUNITY, AND EXTERNALLY TO OTHERS.
* Manage the director’s email correspondence, letters and phone calls, by prioritizing matters and responding to routine issues as appropriate and/or requested.
* Conduct research for reports, presentations and correspondence.
* Prepare reports and edit work as requested.
RESEARCH & DATA MANANGEMENT
GOAL: THE DIRECTOR RECEIVES ADEQUATE INFORMATION TO MAKE INFORMED DECISIONS AND STRATEGIC PLANS.
* Prepare documents for potential new ministry areas.
* Research important specific topics as requested.
* Maintain information in an organized and accessible format.
* Conduct interviews and research as guided by the director.
GOAL: PROJECTS UNDER THE LEADERSHIP OF THE DIRECTOR ARE MANAGED AND PROMOTED WELL.
* Assist the director in the packaging of projects and the communication of those projects to the appropriate offices.
* Assist in the project management of projects under the director’s leadership.
* Understand the projects system and ensure project updates and follow up with leaders who have non-compliant projects.
OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS
GOAL: ALL ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS RELATING TO THE DIRECTOR RUN SMOOTHLY AND EFFICIENTLY.
* Anticipates the needs and ensures they are met by involving or delegating tasks to the appropriate people.
* Assist the director in prioritizing the demands on his/her time and reminding him/her of future events or deadlines.
* Assist the director by tracking & reporting progress on work the director has delegated to others.
* Upon request, attend meetings with the director to listen, observe and take notes.
* Manage the director’s finances, including handling expense reimbursements, reconciling credit card statements and monthly financial statements of budgets.
* Liaise with other members of International Services to ensure the smooth running of all administrative matters relating to the director.
* Any other duties as requested by the director.
* Needs to be in a location with a similar time zone to South Africa.
* Must have easy access for international travel and a reliable internet connection.
* Agreement and understanding of the SIM Commitment
* University degree or equivalent
* Previous Executive Assistant or administration experience
* Leadership or project management experience helpful
* Intermediate to advanced level of Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.) with excellent typing skills
* Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing with internal and external audiences
* Experience of researching information, writing articles, compiling and editing reports
* Competent ability to take notes and minutes
* Event planning experience helpful
* Adept at using social media platforms
* Ability to filter information, prioritize, work to deadlines and manage own time effectively and efficiently
* Ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters
* Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, particularly showing respect and sensitivity towards the cultural makeup of the mission
* Excellent at forward planning and anticipating needs before they arise
* Excellent organizational and administration skills
* Willingness to seek support or fund-raise for SIM
* Knowledge of SIM policies, principles and practices
* Cross-cultural experience
* Basic to intermediate level in a second international language
If interested or someone you know is interested or would like more information, please contact Jennifer Speer at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 8, 2019.
Revision Date: March 15, 2019